Welcome to the Bayou Region Surgical Center. Our staff of professionals provides personalized quality care safely. In order for us to provide you with a comfortable experience in our safe surgical and anesthesia environment, please read and follow the instructions below.
Preoperative Instructions Bayou Region Surgical Center
- No eating, drinking, (all liquids-including water), smoking or gum chewing after midnight.
- Take routine thyroid, seizure, & reflux medicines with a sip of water the morning of your procedure, if you take any heart or blood pressure medication, please follow your surgeon or preoperative nurses recommendations.
- Wear loose/comfortable clothing (waiting areas may be cool). If applicable, 100% cotton underwear and socks may be worn during surgery.
- Leave jewelry and all other valuables at home. All piercings must be removed.
- Please avoid any NSAIDs/nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (aspirin, Motrin, Aleve, Advil, etc.) one week prior to surgery due to increased bleeding risks. Tylenol is an acceptable pain reliever.
- Please shower before coming and avoid applying any lotions, powders, make up, or body sprays on your skin.
- Contact lenses must be removed before surgery, please bring a case and solution or bring glasses.
- If you have any changes in your health (fever, infection, etc.), please notify your surgeon immediately.
- Have a responsible adult companion available to drive you and help care for you when you get home.
- Please bring necessary diapers, bottles, formula, etc. for our younger patients.
- During the coronavirus pandemic, a mask must be worn throughout the building.
- Only patients will be allowed on the third floor. Responsible adult companions are asked to remain within 10 minutes of the center during the patient’s entire visit. Minors may be accompanied by one adult.
- Please expect a call between 2 PM & 4 PM the day before surgery with your arrival time and instructions.